CAVERSHAM EDUCATION INSTITUTE’S ACCREDITED QUALIFICATIONS
- Higher Certificate: Early Childhood Development – Qualification 23117
- The National Diploma: Early Childhood Development – Qualification 23118
CAVERSHAM EDUCATION INSTITUTE’S PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSE
- Creative Arts
- Perceptual Skills in Teaching & Learning
The Courses are offered through workshop/lecture sessions that use a prescribed format and are supported with a copyrighted set of notes. Each dynamic workshop session offers opportunities to:
- Foster personal development, both as an individual and as a professional ECD teacher;
- Increase knowledge of early childhood issues
- Develop skills to offer a professional education programme.
The courses are presented in a fun, stimulating style of workshop delivery where group work is the key with facilitators who are highly competent, experienced and passionate about ECD and able to share their knowledge. The excellent course content is presented in dynamic and interesting ways at well-resourced training facilities located at present in Durban, Pietermartizburg, Ballito and Kwambonambi in Zululand, Port Shepstone & Cape Town. A flexible model with courses offered on alternate Saturday mornings during school terms enable teachers to combine work and study. Assignments, portfolios, journals, interviews and work place practice all form part of the assessment for credits.
Teachers come from a variety of backgrounds and with varying knowledge and experience and from a range of age groups! Some are principals of preschools, some teachers, some are working as assistant teachers or in After Care and some are just embarking on a career or looking for a career change. All agree, however that it is the warmth and focus on the individual that really makes training with the Institute special. They testify to professional growth and the impact the programme has on both their personal lives and their teaching.
TO BE ACCEPTED YOU NEED TO:
- Have matric or Senior Certificate or an equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
- Love young children
- Be working in or have access to classes for young children between 1 to six years of age
- Be dedicated to the development of creativity in self and others & be resolute to the implementation of the course content;
- Be prepared to attend 80% of workshop sessions;
- Be committed to complete all written assignments and to be found competent in teaching practice
- Submit required portfolios of evidence of assignments and a journal
COURSE FEES AND REGISTRATION
For more information on course content and fee structure 2017 INFO HC & REGISTRATION